23rd Annual Celebration and Benefit
Saturday, March 10, 2018, 3:00 to 7:00PM
Volunteer Commitment Information
Mahalo for donating your time to join the Kona Brewers Festival in raising funds for Hawaii's environment, culture and youth. This year, we will have 42 breweries. We’ll need 2 volunteers per station, one to pour and serve and the other to take off wristband tabs. We’ll also assign people in each circle to provide assistance and relief.
All Beer Pourers MUST attend the Volunteer Training on Friday, March 9, at Kona Brewing Company at 4:30PM (Please plan to arrive at 4:00PM to get your T-shirt and mug.)
THIS IS A MANDATORY MEETING ~ NO EXCEPTIONS
At this Volunteer Training, you will receive
- Instructions from Kalani Mills from the Dept. of Liquor Control
- Your volunteer T-shirt and commemorative mug
- Your station assignment
- Complete list of beers being served throughout Festival
BEER POURER INSTRUCTIONS
Saturday, March 10th, 2018
Check in at General Admissions Tent
- Circle Monitors Arrive at 1:30pm
- All Others - Arrive at 2:00pm for check-in
Do not park in the King Kamehameha Kona Beach Hotel's parking lot, which is reserved for hotel guests.
After check-in, please go directly to your assigned stations. Notify a Circle Monitor if you have a special circumstance and you need to be reassigned.
- Check that beer tap handles are attached / screwed on.
- Start serving beer when guests arrive at 3:00, or as soon as Blessing concludes
- When pouring, pull the handle forward all the way with one quick motion and then back in
- Fill mug only to 4 oz pour line, not including head (frothy foam on top of beer). This is a beer “tasting” event. Anyone caught pouring above the line will be asked to leave the Festival.
- ONLY Beer Pourers can tear off wrist band tabs. Loose wrist tabs are not accepted.
- Additional wooden beer scrip is available for purchase near Luau bathrooms, $2 each.
- Beer Pourer must place all tabs and scrip in lauhala basket. Eyes will be watching.
- Beer has been donated to the Kona Brewers Festival and belongs to the event, not the brewery that made the donation. Brewery staff is allowed to “taste” their beer to make sure it is good and pouring properly. Beer/Brewery staff are not allowed to pour.
- Please wait to eat food samples until paid guests have had the opportunity to start sampling food.
- Bulk water and cups are stationed throughout the event.
- Kegs should have some ice and cool water around them throughout the day. Check in with the AB technicians or Kristin if concerned about temperature.
- At 7:00PM or once keg is empty, you must unscrew beer tap handles and pop off the yellow handle to remove hoses from keg.
- Return taps to Tiny Bubbles.
If you need assistance at any point in the festival, find your Circle Monitor, Kristin, or an Anheuser-Busch (AB) Draft Technician (truck in the Imu Circle).
You are invited to a MAHALO PARTY on Sunday, March 11 at 4pm at Kona Brewing
There will be lots of beer and pizza for your enjoyment
Questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator: Kristin Shiga
BeerPourer@gmail.com or 503-329-2352